Welcome to the WinAdmins Version 2020.7 - the update with MOAR FREEDOMS!
As our community has grown, we have noticed the need to adjust things in order to keep the community welcoming and mutually beneficial. To streamline this and reduce the administration overhead of the server, we will be trying to condense all of the major changes into a monthly digest at the start of each month.
The following changes have been planned for this July and will be implemented within the next 24 - 48 hours.
First up, we are increasing the moderation level that determines users' abilities to join the server in an effort to reduce the risk of bots mass joining. If you have already joined the server before these changes are put into place, this should not impact you. Only new members who join after these changes have been implemented should be impacted. We have done limited testing and these changes seem to work as expected. That said, if this causes issues, we will remove or reduce the moderation level. Learn more about these requirements here:
Read the section titles verification levels:
With that in mind, the following changes have been planned for this July and will be enacted within the next 24 - 48 hours.
We wanted to come up with a way to make things a little more fun for our Nitro Boosters. We’ve unlocked some entertaining bot functions for them and will evaluate adding more in the future. Thanks again for your support by boosting this server!
Prepend each command with a hyphen to activate.
- THROW - The throw command is open. You can randomly throw something at another user. Use: -throw @JordanTheITGuy [MVP]
- TOPIC - Have a random topic asked in the channel. Use: -topic
- WYR - Have a random would you rather question asked in the channel. Use: -wyr
Check them out and see what you think!
#dogswill be renamed to #pets. Why? Because we want to see ALL OF THE CREATURES.
- New CC - Custom Command - Called
-secureadthis command will provide recommended articles on securing AD from Microsoft. Can only be run in APPROPRIATE channels
- Random dog and cat facts in
#pets. Ever wanted to know weird things about dogs and cats? Head over to #pets where EVERYONE can now run the cat/dog facts command. Use:
- Enable server join messages. We will now send a message to users upon server join with the rules.
#rules-info. Improve self-assignable roles.
- Modify the MMSMOA and MMS channels to be opt-in via #roles. Interested in the best MEMCM conference? GREAT! We love it, too.
- Remove GitHub metadata.
#crafts. This channel has seen better days. If there is a ton of demand, we will bring it back.
#books. This channel has seen better days. If there is a ton of demand, we will bring it back.
#sports. This channel has seen better days. If there is a ton of demand, we will bring it back…like after COVID.
- Update MMSMOA and MMS channels to no longer include a year in their name.